Too Late to Fall in Love



I am Celestia Lao and I am not like any normal child out there. I have this special talent that no one possesses. I can see and control things that others can't. I am what they call, different and weird. I didn't fit in, I don't have any friends or companions because I am, as what they also call me, crazy. I only warned them but they didn't listen to me and called me mad for thinking such thing. We are not alone in the world we are living in.

"Hey, if it isn't Celestia 'Mad' Lao. Can you please look if I don't have "someone" following me?" a boy in the corridor shouted as I walk passed him. I hung my head as low as I can, my hair covering everyone in sight.

Everyone's laughing but "they're" all wearing the same face, whispering as I walked through the laughing crowd.

Should I or should I not? I asked myself for how many times today.

No, don't Celestia, "they" already told you to stop.

But they're innocent, they don't know "they" exist!

Look around you, these mortals doesn't care about you and you'r feelings. You don't mean to them but those people, who formerly exist in this world, cares for you because "they" are the only one who could understand you.

"Don't do it Celestia." "Leave them be." "Don't do it." "Control yourself Lestia." "Leave and we'll do the rest." "You don't have to do this."

Stop... stop. Please stop, I can't take it no more. I silently begged for mercy as all the entity continued to whisper and surround me. They may be dead and lifeless but I could still feel them, see them and hear them. I felt warm droplets of water streaming down my pale cheeks, just then I realized I was already crying, not because of humiliation but because of the pain and the truth that I could no longer be alone, that "they" are becoming a part of my life.

"Run." someone whispered, I don't know who or where it came from but my body listened to the voice and ran to I don't know where.

I climbed several wooden staircase leading me to different directions that I am not familiar with. Soon my body stopped and entered an abandoned room. My eyes roamed around the spacious room, where dusts and cob webs can be seen in every corner of this room.

"Poor girl." My body stiffened hearing the same husky voice that told me to run.

"Pretend you didn't hear it Celestia." I whispered to myself and repeated it again and again.

Footsteps were heard, cutting the comforting silence in the room. As seconds passed by it became louder and clearer, it could only mean one thing, he's heading towards me. The echoing of footsteps stopped when it reached my side. I could feel him staring at me while I sweat under his intimidating gaze.

I felt his cold hands roam on my shivering arm. I saw, with the help of my peripheral vision, his figure bending. Just then I saw the most terrifying face I've ever seen. His face was caked with blood, full of holes, his upper lip was no where to be found, the skin of his neck has been teared, his blood dripping on the floor as if he was just killed moments ago.

" I knew you could see me." He whispered to me, more like to himself, as he retracted his cold hands from my still shivering arm due to the coldness, his appearance changing from bloodied to the most attractive man I've ever encountered in my whole mortal life.

"Celestia,right? I am Sebastian, Sebastian Lefevre." He extended his hand for me to shake but when I didn't show any signs of shaking his icy hand, he awkwardly puts it down. Guilt was building inside of me, eating me slowly.

"Look, I'm sorry about me showing you my ugly self. I just want to clarify if you could really see me, if you're one of those people who could see us." I don't know why but when he said he was sorry I feel that I could trust him already. No souls ever tried to converse with me, they only protected me from those horrid students here.

I gathered all of my courage and swallowed the lump that formed in my throat. " I-It's alright. I'm sorry for my behavior back there." I said with sincerity as I put my head down because of shame.

"T'is alright, I forgive you." He told me and gave me the brightest smile I've ever seen in my whole pitiful life which made me tear up. I knew that he could be my very first friend even though he is.... dead.

___

Its been two years, two years of our friendship and two years of  my love for him. I gathered up my skirt as I ran to the man I love and the only man that truly cared for me that not even my deceased father could give to me.

"Lestia! Oh, how I missed you." Sebastian whispered in my ear as he carried and hugged me at the same time.

Yes he is a ghost but it doesn't mean he couldn't touch me. Ghosts can touch any mortals, if only they want to. And the talent that I believed was bewitched upon me felt like a gift to me for I have met a friend like him, though I'd want to be more than that.

"I was only away for two days, Sebastian. And you say I'm an idiot, you know you could always visit me in my humbly abode." I said to him as I touch his pale face that I am already familiar with.

"I know but it feels like two decades and you know I can't go to your lovely house, even I want to, it feels like intruding your space." He explained leaning in to my touch. My heart fluttered at the small gesture.

Sebastian Lefevre

I leaned in to the touch of the most beautiful woman. No mortal or immortal can top her beauty, not even the goddesses can compete with it. She has the most perfect smile and a golden heart. When I said I missed her, I really meant it, my heart ached for her presence. I may sound like love sick person but I don't care.

" Well you should know better that you are allowed in my space we're friends after all." She said cutting my train of thoughts about her.

Friends.... What a hurting word for my part. I guess I couldn't be anything else but a mere friend of hers.

"Speaking of friends, I met new people." Huh? New people? Never mind that Sebastian, she's smiling, she's happy.

She's happy not because of me but because of the people she met. Just by thinking of someone making her happy makes my blood boil. I won't tolerate this!

" New people? Are you certain that they are to trust?" I questioned her masking my irritation with a smile that seems to falter.

" Yes, I am certain they are to be trusted. They are wonderful and pleasant people to be with. Oh, you should meet them Sebastian." She squealed in delight. My heart was once again aching for the woman in front of me.

Why can't I make you that happy, my love? 

" I am honored and delighted to meet these people, my lady. Shall we go as you lead the way?" I extended my arm for her to hold onto.

"Yes. Yes we shall." She held my arm as she gave me a warm smile that could make my heart flip.

As we walked towards her new companions, I noticed the twinkle in her eyes, the bright aura surrounding her and the small bounce in every step she takes. Her happiness didn't go unnoticed by passersby and my kind who seemed to be confused for her excitement.

"Christiana, Lauren, Marilyn!" She shouted as she ran towards three women holding umbrellas. She picked her long skirt to avoid tripping, I smiled when she did what I told her to do when we met for the second time.

" Well, our dear Lady Celestia Lao has arrived." A curly brunette said as she bowed down to her, the other two women following.

"You've become a tease, Christiana." The brown haired woman said as she released a hearty laugh.

" I agree Marilyn." My dear Celestia laughed with no care around her. I've never seen her so happy.

Is she not happy with me? Is it because of that she found herself new companions to accompany her? That can't happen, she got hurt by mortals I can't let that happen again.

" Where's your said friend, Celestia?" Lauren, I presumed, said as she opened her dirty white umbrella protecting her porcelain skin from the heat of the sun.

My heart fluttered for she have mentioned me to the mortals. Even though I feel enraged but I couldn't stop myself from smiling. I looked at the beauty beside me who I might add is turning red. How charming, I thought to myself.

" He's here but not really here. Do you, umm, get me?" She fiddled with her skirt feeling nervous. "You believe in ghosts, right?" she added as she bit her lip.

Stop that Lestia. I thought to myself, again.

" Oh now I get it. Yes, we believe in ghosts, in fact I've seen one. She's not that quite lovely but its tolerable." Christiana said as she tried to remember her encounter with the she-ghost. That's odd, I thought she is not like my dear Lestia.

"My father said ghosts are the most vile creatures living in this world. At first I didn't believed him but when I heard that someone died in your former school and it was said that a ghost had done it, I was terrified." Lauren said, disgust was clear in her voice.

I'll show you who's the vile creature you ugly human! I was ready to lash out on the woman when Lestia stopped me.

"Not most of them are monsters, some are actually wonderful to be with. Excuse me for awhile ladies, I'm needed else where." She said as she waved them goodbye. And with that we are walking towards her home.

" Forgive me for their harsh words." Lestia said putting her head down, ashamed for her companions. She shouldn't be ashamed when she wasn't the one who said those words.

" No need to feel sorry, my lady. I should be sorry, I almost attacked her." I asked for forgiveness with sincerity.

I was worried she wold hate me for it but when she smiled at me, I knew all was forgiven. We continued to walk whilst I held her delicate hands in my cold ones until we reached our destination. We ate our dinner, well she ate her dinner and went to take her slumber as I watch her do all of those. I left her house when I knew she's sound asleep. I couldn't wait to see her angelic face once more.

__

I waited for hours, days until it became weeks but she never showed up. I doubt that she got sick again. Our meeting place became gloomy all of a sudden and I didn't like a single bit of it. She's becoming so distant ever since she met those three women.

Three women! Her friends, they did this. They took her away, from me! That Christiana woman knew I was there beside her, she knew that I was the one being talked about and she told those two. They did this to me.

My emotions matched the darkening sky with its rumbling thunder. Enraged with the doings of the human, I hunted her down by Lestia's scent. Christiana Suforbo, you'll be the first one who I'm gonna take out, next will be Lauren Chon for you have insulted me and my kind and lastly Marilyn Meur for not giving me back my Celestia, you were given a choice but chose the wrong one.

Night came, I waited for the brunette to settle down before I take her out for good. When she did, the first thing I did was entered her room. I took in the features of this soon bloodied room. I then noticed a painting of a man and a woman looking at each other with love.

"Such a lovely painting." I said making the woman on the bed jolt up, frantic was clear in her eyes. I maniacally laughed at her, poor mortal."Missed me, my dear Lady Suforbo? I know you do, you don't have to hide it." I smiled at her as she cowered back.

" W-What do you want from me?"

" You're asking what I want from you?" I laughed once again, my, my how stupid can this mortal be." Oh you know too well what I want. You knew I was coming but never thought it would be to soon, am I right?" I asked her as I made a few step, she knew how much destruction I could bring yet she hadn't given me any answers.

You really want me to be mad, eh? I transformed into my bloodied self, showing her how ugly and angry I am.

"Answer me, mortal!" I shouted making her cry in fear and squeaking a yes.

" If you knew then why? Why did you do it!? Why take her away from me!?" I felt enraged by everything she'd done to me. I haven't touched single strand of her hair for her to take the only person that made me feel alive.

I wrapped my cold hands around her neck, making her squirm and shout for help. Seconds passed her breath was becoming short, short and short until the light in her eyes was no more but I haven't removed my grip around her until I her neck snapped, blood was spread on the white duvet covers.

My hands were now shaking, my eyes were frantic just like her eyes when she saw me. I returned to my private study room with her head in my hands. She's never gonna forgive me for what I've done. She's gonna hate me forever and I can't bear that, I knew it would scar me for life but it felt so good. The scream, the pleading, the horror in Christiana's eyes, they were a sight to see. Vengeance felt so good, so sweet. I knew that my hunger for blood was uncontrollable but I don't care, I'll have to keep my sweet angel from the dark.

But we kept a promise, that we would never attempt to kill.

The promise... but I can't help it, its too good. I just can't.

Control it then! For her..

J-just two more kills, then I'm done. 

But...

Just two more....

....

"Two more... Yes, just last two kills then I'll stop." I said to no one particular. I turned my head to the head of the 'great' Christiana Suforbo.

__

The death of Christiana spread like a wildfire that every corner I went to, her name was heard from the mouths of everyone. I decided not to stay and wait for Celestia in our usual place and just hid myself inside my study room. I couldn't bring myself to look at Celestia's tear stained face as she talks about her friend.

I waited for a week and planned to attack the second human who took my love away from me on the seventh day. And the day has come, the kill was short and easy. I brought the girl's head with me just like what I did to the brunette. Hanged on top of my fireplace for me to see my conquest. Beautiful as ever but not like my Celestia's beauty.

Just like my second kill, I waited for the 7th day and attacked, it was slow and painful. I watched the three heads on my fireplace. Marilyn's blood still dripping, I could still remember her, begging for mercy, begging for forgiveness.

"You were given a chance but you threw it away. You were given a choice but picked the wrong one. Now you're gonna pay for it, like what your friends payed, their life." I laughed as she cried and cried pushing me away.

"No, please no! They threatened me! They said they would take away everything from me! Please no, nooooooooo!!!!" Her screams were loud but not loud enough to get help.

What have I done?

Celestia Lao

I helplessly cried under the tree where Sebastian and I used to sleep under but the tree was dying, soon it will be like my friends, dead. Sebastian was no where to be seen for the past weeks. Its hurting me, I didn't deserve this, I haven't done anything. I don't want to go back to my old self where I cower and beg for mercy. I've had enough of it, I just couldn't.

"I can't go back." I whispered over and over again as I rock myself back and forth.

"You really can't go back because I'm still here." I heard a voice, a voice that I'd wish to hear every single night.

"Sebastian. Oh, Sebastian how I missed you." I ran towards his open arms and savored the feeling of having him around me.

I broke down as I felt relief surge in my body. I never realized that I was so scared until now. My heart fluttered as he wiped the tears streaming down my face. I thought I would really be alone for the rest of my life. That I would stay unhappy and scarred, no friends, no nothing.

Sadly, the day has to end. I gathered my skirts ready to leave with him by my side but was surprised that he was not coming. I got hurt by it but masked it by smiling and walking away, but little did he know I planned to follow him.

When I was sure that I was out of his sight, I watched him walk away and muttered something that I couldn't catch. He continued to walk as I continued to follow. We reached an old abandoned house and entered it. I made sure I wouldn't make any noise as I carefully gathered my white skirt.

We walked through the corridors until he stopped in front of a wooden door and entered. I waited for a minute and followed him in. To say I was caught off guard by the sight in font of me, My body shook with fear and sadness.

He couldn't, he wouldn't but its already in front of me. The truth was already in front of me. He killed them, he killed the women that brought me alive and happy though I was content with him but no, not anymore. I backed away not knowing there was a vase blocking my way. The vase fell and made a loud crash, making his head snapped towards me.

"Lestia.." He breathed out as he slowly made small steps towards me but I was too focused on the three heads dangling just above his fireplace.

"-the most vile creatures living in this world."  Lauren's words echoed in my head. Vile. That's what they are, monsters in the dark.

My heart was beating fast as he was coming closer and closer to me and just then I made a quick run, not caring about what's in my way. I know he's following me, I know that he could catch up but it never stopped me from running away from him. I reached my house and quickly entered it, making my way to my father's study, where I could feel that I am safe. I was already crying and trembling, fearing he would find me.

Of course he could still find you. He's a ghost, he can enter the house with or without  your permission. He's not a vampire you idiot, he's a ghost!

Just then the door opened with so much force and I knew he already found me.

"You ran away from me." He said sadness evident in his voice but I didn't care. He is noting but a monster to me. He was about to open his mouth but I stopped him cause I know he's gonna ask for forgiveness.

"No! I had enough of this. You killed them and I couldn't just set it aside. You took them away from me, you're tearing my soul piece by piece. Every night I cried for them. Every night I couldn't shut my eye just for a second fearing they would haunt me. Every night I blamed myself for their death. I trusted you but it seems it doesn't mean to you anymore." He was about to say something but I once again stopped him. "Just shut up and listen to me! I drowned myself with self pity, when they were gone. I cried and yearned for your presence but where were you? Oh, yeah you were out there killing and hiding your face from me!" I screamed at him as I pound my aching heart with my fist.

"I cared and loved you though I knew that I could never have you but right now I don't think I do. I hate you! They were right, all of you are monsters! Monsters!" I cried out in pain when he pinned me in the wall, anger clouded his grey eyes.

"If I was a monster I would've killed you when I first met you. They took you away from me, Christiana knew I was there. She knew!" He shouted with so much rage that the walls were shaking.

"I love you too, Lestia. Forgive me and forget that this happened and I will forgive you for lashing out on me. If you don't have any feelings for me I'm sure it will grow back, you will fall in love with me again." He said as he caressed my face.

How dare he! My love is not a plant that will just grow back if you water it with love. It will never grow back, never!

" It's a little too late to fall in love Sebastian Lufevre, especially to a monster like you." I spat it out with so much venom in it.

And just like that he threw me and choked me not before he set the house on fire. Everything was burning and I couldn't help but cry because of hope being out of sight. I never wished for this to happen. If I only knew this would come out like this then I'd willingly risk my life being lonely, not dying in the hands of the man I once loved. Jealousy, jealousy is at fault not the man in front of me. He's just another victim of jealousy like my mother.

"It's never too late my love cause I'm bringing you with me where we could spend our eternal life together." He whispered kissing my forehead as I burned to my death.

I blame jealousy and maybe insanity for my death.


"Sebastian Lufevre, another victim of jealousy and Celestia Lao a victim of trust, curiosity and love."









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desiderata: Reflection

The Soul of the Great Bell: A Story Told and Reflected

Bakit Nanghuhusga ang mga Tao sa Kapwa?